One of Derwick’s policies is to have a positive impact on the communities where we operate in the form of contributions that will benefit its members long after we leave. In this way our goal is to become a positive presence in the communities that have given us the opportunity to work and live together with them during the time it takes us to complete a project. These contributions are separate from the monetary percentages retained for the purpose of Social Responsibility by public sector clients.
Based on this philosophy the Management Team of each project evaluates the needs of the neighboring communities. Together with the community’s representatives they identify their necessities, the resources they have on hand (whether economic, heavy machinery, construction materials, technical consulting among others) in order to implement a solution.
• Guanapa, Estado Barinas - Cleaning of the Santo Domingo River
• Guarenas, Estado Miranda - Pavement repairs
• Guarenas, Estado Miranda - Restoration of the Benito Canónico Education and Sport Complex
• Caujarito, Estado Miranda - Building of fence
• Guanapa, Estado Barinas - Creation of Softball League to encourage sports in the area
• Guacara, Estado Carabobo - Training programs in construction for the communities
• Caujarito, Estado Miranda - Toy drives on Children’s Day
• Guacara, Estado Carabobo - Toy drives on Children’s Day
• Guacara, Estado Carabobo - Children’s Day celebration in the San Esteban Community Council
• Guanapa, Estado Barinas - Donation of sports uniforms
• Caujarito, Estado Miranda - Donation of school supplies
• Puerto Ordaz, Estado Bolívar - Field trip to the Indigenous University of Venezuela
• El Furrial, Estado Monagas - Donation of school desks and supplies
• El Furrial, Estado Monagas - Donation of transformer